Cheryl is currently serving her third term on the Town Council. Her chief area of concentration has been in the Town’s marketing and communications. She is passionate about Carefree and is dedicated to maintaining the character and spirit of the Town (the things that brought us all here in the first place). She is most proud of her efforts towards:
* Making Carefree a destination - getting people into Town and then once here helping them find their way around.
* Contributing to economic development efforts in order to find a reliable source of revenue to fund basic Town Services (good roads,fire protection and police).
* Making our streets safer for pedestrians: working with traffic engineers to get new crosswalks and safe havens for pedestrians when crossing our busy streets.
* Developing and executing Town branding;
* Participating in efforts to incorporate all of the Town’s homes and businesses into the Carefree Water Company.
Through her efforts these things are becoming a reality.
Cheryl fell in love with Carefree in 1988 and has been a full time resident since 1998. As a resident she is dedicated to keeping the community a great place to live, work and to play.
Before retiring, Cheryl spent 30+ years in the advertising business on a wide range of national consumer goods. She was on the team that introduced American Honda’s Acura brand and worked on businesses as varied as Hunt Wesson Foods, Polaroid, Gallo Wines, Porsche Cars and the ‘Got Milk’ campaign among others.
Since moving here, she has been involved in a number of volunteer organizations: She served on the auxiliary board of Scottsdale Healthcare for three years and published and edited the hospital’s first electronic newsletter. She has also served on the board of The Arizona Institute for Breast Health as treasurer and public relations manager. For the last three years, Cheryl has worked Wednesdays at the Foothills Food Bank.
In her free time she enjoys golf, yoga, bridge, movies and can be seen walking her golden retriever, Biff, through Town most mornings.
Cheryl graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Journalism degree.
Return to Town Council Page