Comprehensive Sign and Circulation Plan
As outlined in the Village Center Master Plan, the Town of Carefree is committed to building upon its core to improve the value of the Town Center area for both visitors and residents. In particular:
1. Improve arrival awareness
2. Improve wayfinding signage
3. Improve internal pedestrian connectivity
4. Create safer and improved pedestrian and bicycle connectivity from adjacent and proximate Carefree neighborhoods
5. Slow traffic on Cave Creek Road and Tom Darlington Drive
6. Ensure an adequate and functionally accessible parking distribution
The Town has hired Kimley-Horne to prepare the plan, which will include:
- Master Signage Plan
- Conceptual Circulation and Parking Plan (vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians)
- 30% engineering plans for Tom Darlington and Cave Creek Road adjacent to Town Center
In October 2021, a 14 member stakeholder group was comprised of residents and businesses. This group provided input and guidance on the plan as it evolves in the form of technical memorandums.
On April 4, 2022, the most recent version of the plan was presented to the Planning and Zoning Commission for review and comment. This included the first two of four technical memos and the most recent conceptual drawings.
The Town will be preparing opportunity for public review and input throughout the year. Details for this process will be provided on this web page.
For the most recent project schedule click here
If you would like to leave your thoughts and comments regarding this project, or have any questions, please contact:
Steve Prokopek, Economic Development Director Stacey Bridge-Denzak, Planning Director and Zoning Administrator
(623) 594-2605 | email@example.com (480) 488-3686 | firstname.lastname@example.org